Monday, September 2, 2013

Exporting all custom solutions from a SharePoint 2010 farm

Not many updates to the blog lately, apologies for that.  I'm working on moving our current SharePoint 2010 environment to a new server farm, hosted by a new company who insist that we have to rebuild everything from the ground up.

I've been using AutoSPInstaller to automate a lot of the process of building a new farm, but one thing I couldn't find much instruction on is those custom solutions and features we're using.  I didn't want to source every single solution again - some were developed by me, so they're easy to find, but there are others which aren't so easy to find (3rd party contractor developments).

Finally found a solution, from Using PowerShell to export all solutions from your SharePoint 2010 farm and other fun:

(Get-SPFarm).Solutions | ForEach-Object{$var = (Get-Location).Path + "\" + $_.Name; $_.SolutionFile.SaveAs($var)}

So simple, and works exactly as you'd expect.  Now I can pick from all of my solutions which ones I still actually need.

No comments:

Post a Comment